Friday, December 12, 2008

arbit #1

I do not like to overwork. Stress is dictated by dissatisfaction. A person in general requires a set say X having certain attributes x_i, and a satisfaction quotient associated with each x_i, say s_i. We remain dissatisfied say if for certain i, we are unable to fulfill the satisfaction quotient. And as we overwork a particular attribute, the absence of another increases - leading to greater overall dissatisfaction. Now this attribute set is distinct for different people. The secret lies in correct identification of the various x's, and an appropriate estimation of the corresponding S tuple. Say for instance, I have an interest in mathematics, circuits and programming and these quotients are relatively well satisfied in the atmosphere that I currently inhabit. I also have in my set X: quizzing, trivia, movies, games and sports. Due to the finite nature of time and opportunities, it is almost inevitable that some of these get ignored and consequently the marginal utility of the satisfied x_i's reduces. This results in a general dissatisfaction (some may call it stress). The sense of lack of completeness prevails in your current atmosphere. As a reaction, some of us resort to coping strategies which either (in best case) satisfy the required attributes, or make us temporarily forget them (which is not really the case). The latter is what (in my very humble opinion) manifests itself in the form of blogs !!. Decreased social activity and interaction (increased time on your own, and lack of people to talk to ) are all causes leading to the effect. In fact, I am tempted to draw a correlation (or lack of it) between blogging frequencies and outdoor involvement. Being at home myself, I would possibly fit the scale, and am certain that my posting frequency shall be lesser in campus. But then, im an ameteur at these things. Now, ill probably be murdered for such atrocious generalizations, but c'mon man !! I am increasing my overall satisfaction in life !
The above model, is boring, and un-rigorous, but then thats the whole point of a blog - to write what you think?

No comments: